Sunday, 28 February 2021
Winton Sprint (rescheduled to 28th February)
Due to the lockdown our Winton Event planned for today (14th) had to be cancelled at the last minute. We have worked with Winton and our suppliers to move the event to 28 February (two weeks from now). You will remain entered for the event on the 28th, unless you are unable to attend.
If you are unable to come, please navigate to the event here, click on “Already Registered” and then “Cancel”. Your payment will carry over as a credit to the next event.
If the event on the 28th is affected by COVID regulations then it will be cancelled, as there is no other room for a further postponement in the calendar.
At this point it is expected that the event will count for competition points.
New entries are welcome via the entry link.here
Winton Sprint Sunday 14 February 2021 - cancelled due to COVID Lockdown announced 12th Feb.
Recording of Driver's Briefing (skip through to 4minutes 30 second to avoid all the "technical difficulties")
Driver's Briefing & Covid Acknowledgement
Welcome to our first Winton event since 2019.
Sprinting at Winton is exciting - the circuit has a combination of long fast straights and twisty and tight bends. It is known as Australia's Action Track. For this Event we will be using the long - Winton National Circuit - only.
Club Paddock Traffic Flow
See the attached link for details of traffic flow within the paddock garage and carport areas:
Due to the complicated requirements for this event, we prefer participants to have experience at Winton and in Porsche Club events. Please contact Competition Director (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you intend to run and have not run with PCV in Competition Class before. Evidence of prior track experience or satisfactory completion of a high-performance driver training course is a Club requirement for the timed competition classes.
All competitors (Competition Entrants) will require a Dorian transponder to be fitted to their cars for official times to be recorded. Please make sure they are properly fitted and charged. Dorians can be hired for the day for $45 and must be booked at time of entry. Dorians can also be purchased from Carly via email@example.com.
Entrants in the Entrée class get separate sessions of untimed track experience. Mentors will be provided from experienced club members. Prior advanced driver training is preferred, fire extinguishers or Dorians are not required. You will need a AASA Club Racing licence, or an AASA recognised equivalent standard licence (e.g. CAMS/MA Level 2S Licence), an approved helmet, suitable clothing and a roadworthy vehicle. Your vehicle will have a tow hook in the tool kit, it should be fitted – either front or rear. Entrée class is the perfect introduction to track days for new members. Please note Entrée Class numbers are strictly limited (10).
Click Here for further Entree class information.
The Winton canteen will provide catering. Using the Winton canteen is a condition of track hire.
No Passenger Laps
It is not intended to run passenger laps at lunchtime apart from Volunteer marshals. Volunteer marshals will be offered passenger laps at 80% of competition pace during lunch break subject to passengers signing disclaimers and confirming no limiting medical conditions.
The Club will not be arranging garages or carports at Winton. If you require a garage or carport, we have been advised to book them directly through the circuit personnel. Call (03) 5760 7100. Winton will take your booking, advise garage number, cost and payment arrangements.
Winton Raceway charges in 2020 were $50 for garages $30 for use of carports. We have no influence over this charge which is levied directly by the venue.
PCV Marshalling Team
If you are available to assist with this event or are new and would like to give marshalling a try you can register as a Competition Official through the kiosk entry link below and you will be contacted. Alternatively, you can contact Murray Seymour via email if you are available to assist with this event or are new and would like to give marshalling a try.
General Enquiries to Andrew Smith, Competition Director by email or phone – 0407 544 751
Gates open 7.00am.
Entry Fees - Sprint $250 or $230 with own number.
Click Here for Supplementary Regulations
Click Here for Online Entries. Contact Carly if assistance is required on 98176911 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here for a Support Person to register their detials (if they are not a member or have not previously registered)
Click here for a support person to enter the event as a support person (no charge).
7.30pm on Tuesday 9th February 2021.
Dial by your location
+61 3 7018 2005 Australia (other locations are available)
Meeting ID: 853 4729 0808
Self Scruting Sheet is here.
Important - Changes to normal practice
To run an event considering Covid-19 restrictions we need to make changes to our normal practices. These include:
· Government requirements - Federal, State and Local Public Health Authority guidelines will be followed in the running of this event.
· Monitoring - all attendees (including Competitors, Officials, and support crew) are required to preregister for the event. All are encouraged to use the COVIDSafe App.
· Venue entry and exit - Entry and Exit to the event will be via the main security point. Only authorised attendees are allowed access to the venue.
· Social distancing - all competitors, officials and volunteers must demonstrate social distancing requirements and remain 1.5m apart. Under no circumstances are competitors to enter the control tower or another competitor’s garage.
· Documentation and Licence checking - all documentation and licence checking will be conducted remotely prior to the event.
· Briefings/Event communication - all pre-event briefings will be conducted online. As noted, it is intended to hold an electronic information session in coming weeks.
· Scrutiny – physical scrutiny will not apply. Arrangements will be notified.
· Paddock - all competitors, officials and volunteers must demonstrate social distancing requirements and remain 1.5m apart. When using public amenities, they must comply with the maximum people numbers displayed.
· Competitors and Team personnel - Nominated and registered support crew (maximum one (1) per entrant) must stay within allotted spaces. This limit does not apply to Service provider staff, however all staff attending must preregister.
· Race Control/Tower – Access will not be available except to nominated Officials.
· Entries will close on 7 February 2021 (late entry fee applies after 5 February) (or earlier if maximum entry numbers are reached).