Winton Late Winter Sprint
Sunday 23rd August 2020
We are planning for the Winton Sprint to go ahead, although Government restrictions will need to change. We are taking this approach to give members every chance to get back on track.
The event will not proceed unless the Victorian Government varies the Stay at Home Directions for metropolitan Melbourne and Mitchell Shire imposed until the end of Wednesday 19 August AND the Organisers are satisfied that the event can go ahead. Notice will be provided as soon as clarity is available regarding those conditions.
Entries will be accepted without payment until we have confirmation that the event is going ahead.
[Entry Fee will be $250 or $230 with Club Competition number and invoiced if the event proceeds.]
We are aiming to run a fun and successful event in the context of Covid-19 restrictions. To do that we will need your help. We will be hosting an online information briefing before the event. Please look out for details.
This will be a timed event however Club Competition will not apply.
Changes to normal practice
To run an event considering Covid-19 restrictions we need to make changes to our normal practices. These include:
- Government requirements - Federal, State and Local Public Health Authority guidelines will be followed in the running of this event.
- Monitoring - all attendees (including Competitors, Officials, and support crew) are required to preregister for the event. All are encouraged to use the COVIDSafe App.
- Venue entry and exit - Entry and Exit to the event will be via the main security point. Only authorised attendees are allowed access to the venue.
- Social distancing - all competitors, officials and volunteers must demonstrate social distancing requirements and remain 1.5m apart. Under no circumstances are competitors to enter the control tower or another competitors garage.
- Documentation and Licence checking - all documentation and licence checking will be conducted remotely prior to the event.
- Briefings/Event communication - all pre-event briefings will be conducted online. As noted, it is intended to hold an electronic information session in coming weeks.
- Scrutiny – physical scrutiny will not apply. Arrangements will be notified.
- Paddock - all competitors, officials and volunteers must demonstrate social distancing requirements and remain 1.5m apart. When using public amenities, they must comply with the maximum people numbers displayed.
- Competitors and Team personnel - Nominated and registered support crew (maximum one (1) per entrant) must stay within allotted spaces. This limit does not apply to Service provider staff, however all staff attending must preregister.
- Race Control/Tower – Access will not be available except to nominated Officials.
- Entries will close on 16 August 2020 (or earlier if maximum entry numbers are reached).
Due to the complicated requirements for this event we prefer participants to have experience at Winton and in Porsche Club events. Please contact Mark Horton Andrews (details below) to discuss your level of experience if you are unsure.
Evidence of prior track experience or satisfactory completion of a high-performance driver training course is a Club requirement for the timed competition classes.
All competitors will require a Dorian transponder to be fitted to their cars for times to be recorded. Please make sure they are properly fitted and charged. Dorians can be hired for the day but must be booked at time of entry. New Dorian units can be purchased from Carly via firstname.lastname@example.org
The Maximum Noise must not exceed 95db(A) as measured by 30-metre drive by test on equipment provided by circuit. This is a requirement of the venue.
The process for Garage & Carport hire at Winton is that competitors should call the Winton office directly (03 5760 7100) and make their garage/carport booking. Winton will put up signs with Competitor names on the allocated space so they can come in early and set up. Cost: Garage $50, Carport $30 – these are double carports.
Entrée Class - Passenger Laps
Due to Covid-19 restrictions there will be no Entrée Class, or Passenger laps at this event.
PCV Marshalling Team
If you are available to assist with this event or are new and would like to give marshalling a try you can register as an Official through the entry link below and you will be contacted. Alternatively, you can contact Gordon Johnstone via email here
General Enquiries to Mark Horton Andrews, Competition Director by email or phone 0447 529 301.
Gates open 7.30am. It is likely that the event will start later to facilitate travel from Melbourne
Entry Fees - Sprint $250 or $230 with Club Competition number. Note that entries will be accepted without payment until we have confirmation that the event is going ahead.
Click Here for Supplementary Regulations
Contact Carly if assistance is required on 9817 6911 or email@example.com .