Saturday, 18 July 2020
Sandown Winter Super Sprint
Saturday 18th July 2020 (note: Saturday)
Welcome Sandown Raceway for our first event at the venue this year, and our first post Covid-19 event.
We are aiming to run a fun and successful event in the context of Covid-19 restrictions. To do that we will need your help. We will be hosting an online information briefing before the event. Please look out for details.
This will be a timed event however Club Competition will not apply.
Changes to normal practice
To run an event considering Covid-19 restrictions we need to make changes to our normal practices. These include:
- Government requirements - Federal, State and Local Public Health Authority guidelines will be followed in the running of this event.
- Monitoring - all attendees (including Competitors, Officials, and support crew) are required to preregister for the event. All are encouraged to use the COVIDSafe App.
- Venue entry and exit - Entry and Exit to the event will be via the main security point. A list of authorised competitors, support crew and officials will be provided to the venue security staff. Only authorised attendees will be allowed access to the venue. Gates will only be open at specified times.
- Social distancing - all competitors, officials and volunteers must demonstrate social distancing requirements and remain 1.5m apart. Under no circumstances are competitors to enter the control tower or another competitors garage.
- Documentation and Licence checking - all documentation and licence checking will be conducted remotely prior to the event.
- Briefings/Event communication - all pre-event briefings will be conducted online. As noted, it is intended to hold an electronic information session in coming weeks.
- Scrutiny - scrutiny arrangements will comply with Motorsport Australia Return to Race protocols.
- Paddock - all competitors, officials and volunteers must demonstrate social distancing requirements and remain 1.5m apart. When using public amenities, they must comply with the maximum crowd allowance as displayed.
- Competitors and Team personnel - Nominated and registered support crew (maximum one (1) per entrant) must stay within allotted spaces. This limit does not apply to Service provider staff, however all staff attending must preregister.
- Race Control/Tower – Access will not be available except to nominated Officials.
- Service Providers will likely be located in the paddock in a one at a time ‘drive to’ scenario.
- Entries - To allow time for additional administration, entries will close earlier than usual, on 8 July 2020 (or earlier if maximum entry numbers are reached).
Due to the complicated requirements for this event we prefer participants to have experience at Sandown and in Porsche Club events. Please contact Mark Horton Andrews (details below) to discuss your level of experience if you are unsure.
Evidence of prior track experience or satisfactory completion of a high-performance driver training course is a Club requirement for the timed competition classes.
All competitors will require a Dorian transponder to be fitted to their cars for times to be recorded. Please make sure they are properly fitted and charged. Dorians can be hired for the day but must be booked at time of entry. New Dorian units can be purchased from Carly via email@example.com
The Maximum Noise must not exceed 75db(A) as measured by 30-metre drive by test on equipment provided by circuit. This is a requirement of the venue.
Garages - fully booked, waiting list in place.
Garages can be booked at $88 ($80 plus GST) each on entry, but numbers are limited.
Catering - Entrée Class - Passenger Laps
Due to Covid-19 restrictions there will be no Entrée Class, no catering, and no passenger laps at this event.
PCV Marshalling Team
If you are available to assist with this event or are new and would like to give marshalling a try you can register as a Track Marshal through the kiosk entry link below and you will be contacted.
Alternatively, you can contact Gordon Johnstone via email here.
General Enquiries to Mark Horton Andrews, Competition Director by email or phone 0447 529 301
Gates open 7.00am.
Entry Fees - Sprint $260 or $240 with Club Competition number.
Click Here for Supplementary Regulations
Contact Carly if assistance is required on 9817 6911 or firstname.lastname@example.org