Thursday, 10 November 2011, 6:00pm - 7:30pm
PCM Board Room, 109-111 Victoria Pde Collingwood
The Club has been holding a review of the operation of the Standing Competition Rules at the end of the Season for a number of years. The Standing Competition Rules are the principal document governing the competition system within the Club.
The 2011 meeting will be at Porsche Centre Melbourne commencing at 6pm and finishing around 7.30pm.
Past meetings have examined changes to eligibility criteria, disputes processes and time limits, composition of the classes, the possibility of a minimum number of events requirement for points and the operation of the dyno testing procedures. We have even debated allowing the power to weight classes to be calculated with the weight of the driver included. The svelte, quick, younger drivers did not support this suggestion, surprisingly.
The discussion is always vigorous!
All members who have competed with the Club are invited to attend. Suggestions or commentary is welcome on the night, as are contributions via email to the Competiton Director.
Topics already flagged for the rules review include
- the use of slick tyres in club competition,
- Hoosier grooved slicks in MM1 and M2 classes
- the possibility of a control tyre or a minimum hardness number on A-D classes, or the restriction to one set of tyres per meeting in A-D.
- restrictions to the use of harnesses where the seat is not configured to use harness belts
- mandating the use of Hans device / harnesses / racing seats in some classes.
- a review of number of entrants required to receive maximum points
The club would like to thank Porsche Centre Melbourne for their support of Club activities, and access to the Board room for this meeting.