Sunday, 28 March 2021
Sandown Autumn Super Sprint
Sunday 28th March 2021
Welcome to Sandown Raceway for our first event at the venue this year.
We are aiming to run a fun and successful event in the context of Covid-19 restrictions. To do that we will need your help. We will be hosting an online Drivers briefing before the event. Please look out for details.
Changes to normal practice
To run an event considering Covid-19 restrictions we need to make changes to our normal practices. These include:
- Government requirements - Federal, State and Local Public Health Authority guidelines will be followed in the running of this event.
- All attendees (including Competitors, Officials, and support crew) are required to preregister for the event.
- Entry and Exit to the event will be via the main security point. A list of authorised competitors, support crew and officials will be provided to the venue security staff. Only authorised attendees will be allowed access to the venue. Gates will only be open at specified times.
- All competitors, officials and volunteers must demonstrate social distancing requirements and remain 1.5m apart. Under no circumstances are competitors to enter the control tower or another competitors garage.
- Documentation and licence checking will be conducted remotely prior to the event.
- Pre-event briefings will be conducted online. As noted, it is intended to hold an electronic information session in coming weeks.
- Scrutiny arrangements will comply with Motorsport Australia Return to Race protocols.
- All competitors, officials and volunteers must demonstrate social distancing requirements and remain 1.5m apart. When using public amenities, they must comply with the maximum crowd allowance as displayed.
- Nominated and registered support crew (maximum one (1) per entrant) must stay within allotted spaces. This limit does not apply to Service provider staff, however all staff attending must preregister.
- Race Control/Tower access will not be available except to nominated Officials.
We prefer participants to have experience at Sandown and in Porsche Club events. Please contact Andrew Smith (details below) to discuss your level of experience if you are unsure.
Evidence of prior track experience or satisfactory completion of a high-performance driver training course is a Club requirement for the timed competition classes.
All competitors will require a Dorian transponder to be fitted to their cars for times to be recorded. Please make sure they are properly fitted and charged. Dorians can be hired for the day but must be booked at time of entry. New Dorian units can be purchased via email@example.com
The Maximum Noise must not exceed 75db(A) as measured by 30-metre drive by test on equipment provided by circuit. This is a requirement of the venue.
Entree Class will be run at Sandown. Entree is the ideal racetrack introduction for new members and those who have not competed before. Entrants in the Entrée class get separate sessions of untimed practice. Mentors will be provided from experienced club members. No advanced driver training, fire extinguishers or Dorians are required. All you need is a Motorsport Australia (CAMS) Speed Licence, an approved helmet, suitable clothing (see Supp Regs) and a roadworthy vehicle. Please note Entrée Class numbers are strictly limited.
Note: if we are unable to deliver our normal Entree Class program due to Covid-normal restrictions we will formulate an alternative program to deliver a Track experience for newer entrants.
Click Here for further Entree class information.
Garages can be booked at $88 ($80 plus GST) each on entry, but numbers are limited.
PCV Marshalling Team
If you are available to assist with this event or are new and would like to give marshalling a try you can register as a Track Marshal through the entry link and you will be contacted. Alternatively, you can contact Murray Seymour by email.
General Enquiries to Andrew Smith, Competition Director by email or phone 0407 544 751
Gates open 7.00am.
Entry Fees - Sprint $275 or $255 with Club Competition number.
Click Here for Supplementary Regulations
Click Here for Online Entries. Contact Carly if assistance is required on 9817 6911 or firstname.lastname@example.org