Sunday, 6 March 2022
TRACK - Bryant Park, Haunted Hills Hill Climb
Sunday 6th March 2022
Welcome to the Porsche Club Hill Climb at Bryant Park.
Bryant Park is in the Haunted Hills near Moe in Gippsland (at the eastern edge of the La Trobe Valley).
Come and pit yourself against an exciting, technical and undulating track in a short and exhilarating challenge against the clock. Just like some of the best twisty, undulating country roads you have ever dreamed of – but with no traffic.
A Hill Climb is like a ‘speed dating’ version of Club motorsport. Competitors battle to finish the circuit against the clock – down and back up.
Only one car starts on circuit at a time (a second is released when the first reaches a safe point). Generally, there will be several runs (aiming for three) over multiple configurations – at Bryant Park the Haunted Hills track provides for short loop. figure of eight, and outside loop configurations.
Can newer drivers enter? No other traffic. Set your own pace. Several runs to work yourself in. Have some fun. This is for you!
Gates open at 8:00am.
Click Here for Supplementary Regulations
Evidence of prior experience or satisfactory completion of a high-performance driver training course is a Club requirement for the timed competition classes.
We remind you that a 2022 Vehicle Registration Form must be submitted to be eligible for Competition Points. If you didn't compete for points at Phillip Island click here for a blank form, or return the pre-filled form that was emailed on 23/24 December 2021. Click here for the 2022 Competition Rules.
Entrée Class - Waiting List
Entree class entrants are welcome at this event.
Entrants in the entrée class are allocated mentors from experienced club members. No advanced driver training, fire extinguishers or dorian timers are required. All you need is a Motorsport Aust Speed Level Licence, an approved helmet, suitable clothing (see Supplementary Regulations) and a roadworthy vehicle. This is the perfect introduction to track days for new members.
Click here for more Entree Class information
The caterer at Haunted Hills will be serving coffee and muffins, egg n bacon rolls, hot dogs, toasted sandwiches etc from a caravan.
Garages - Waiting List
There are only 15 garages available at Bryant Park and they will be allocated on a first-come first-served basis. Garage cost is $50 and they can be booked by ticking the box on the entry form.
If you are available to assist with this event, or are new and would like to give marshalling a try, you can register as a “Track Marshal” through the entry link below and you will be contacted. Alternatively, you can contact Murray Seymour via email@example.com .
Changes to normal practice
To run an event considering Covid-19 normal requirements we may need to make changes to our normal practices. These may include (watch for further announcements leading up to the Event):
- Government requirements - Federal, State and Local Public Health Authority guidelines will be followed in the running of this event.
- Monitoring - all attendees (including Competitors, Officials, and support crew) are required to QR check in at the event.
- Venue entry and exit - Entry and Exit to the event will be via the main security point.
- Documentation and Licence checking - all documentation and licence checking will be provided remotely prior to the event.
- Scrutiny - scrutiny arrangements will comply with Motorsport Australia Return to Race protocols.
- Race Control/Tower – Access will not be available except to nominated Officials.
- Entries - To allow time for additional administration, entries will close earlier than usual, on Friday 25th February 2022 (or earlier if maximum entry numbers are reached).
Entry Fee: Entree $190. Competition $190 or $170 with allocated club competition number & own stickers/magnets.
Click Here for online entries
Contact Carly for assistance with the online kiosk if required (firstname.lastname@example.org or 9817 6911)